Sunday, May 26, 2013

Tactile Architecture
















City Ink
My entry into the Tactile Architecture section at Houston International Quilt Show has been accepted.  I was thrilled to get the email on Thursday.  The images were photos I took from South Bank in Brisbane, I distorted the view then photo shopped the images to give an ink outline. I had Fiona Jackson from Fiona Jackson Designs print the finished images on her amazing printer.   I wanted to keep the monochromatic style with the background so I mono printed and stenciled the grey, black and silver paint.  I quilted the images and the background is small squares and rectangles.  I used pink square and rectangle sequins to enhance the windows and the water in the foreground.  I love the way the mirror windows in some of the buildings reflect and I used this as my inspiration to make this quilt. 

3 comments:

  1. OMG Michelle...that's fantastic....got my fingers crossed for you......Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle that is fantastic. Good luck with it.
    Del

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Michelle. It is an amazing piece. M

    ReplyDelete